Analysis Software Buying Tips
Comparing products can be tricky! Here's some information to help you make the right decision:
Digital Camcorder Information
As an instructor, everything you do during a lesson revolves around the
capture and replay of video in a crystal clear frame-by-frame
format. Manual Shutter Speed control in the camcorder is the critical
component used in the video capture process. This enables the software
to replay the video with exceptional clarity.
Still Cameras that record video
are now compatible with The Epstein Analyzer Software program. Using
this type of camera is very convenient if you are recording outside and
reviewing inside. This type of recording is a 2-step process. First, you
must record the swing into the camera. Second, connect the camera to
the computer and import the video files.
While this is very simple to do, it does require an additional step. If
you have a system in your cage, it is much easier to record directly
into the computer. To do this, you will need a MiniDV camcorder with a
firewire connection. Your computer will also need to have a firewire
connection port. If it doesn't, you can purcahse a Firewire Express
Card that slides into your laptop.
Some camcorders use a "Sports Mode"
feature instead of Manual Shutter Speed. This produces a blurred image
through the critical impact area. Avoid cameras with "Sports Mode" and
avoid motion analysis companies who recommend camcorders with "Sports
Mode." Sony cameras use "Sports Mode" and are not recommended.
You want a camcorder with:
- Manual Shutter Speed settings (1/500 indoor and 1/2000+ outdoor)
- DV (firewire) port
To check the video RAM in your computer:
1. Use this shortcut: Press Windows and "R" (no quotes)
2. Type in:"dxdiag" (no quotes) and choose OK
3. A message will appear regarding Windows Certified Drivers. Choose NO
4. When the DirectX Diagnosis window opens, choose the VIDEO TAB
5. In the main body of text on the left, look for the line APPROXIMATE VIDEO MEMORY
6. We recommend a minimum of 64mb, although some computers will run on 32mb
Make sure you purchase a computer that has what you need now and will support future updates or upgrades.
Windows XP, Vista, or Windows 7
1. Firewire port
2. 64 MB video memory (more is better)
3. 7200 RPM hard drive
4. 512 RAM
5. 40gb Hard drive
With our Motion Analysis Software
- Accomplish more in a shorter period of time, increasing the ability of your student and their enjoyment of the game.
- With the Auto-Record feature, there is no need to edit or trim clips.
- Recall and replay clips
instantly, add lines and grids to show faults, and move through the
lesson quicker with more retention of information.
- No need to drill down through
Windows directories to locate your video clips. The Epstein Analyzer
uses a database-driven system so you can organize clips with minimal
- You can find, filter, edit, comment, sort, recall, group favorites, export clips, send video email, and more.
87% of everything we learn is through
visualization. With the Epstein Analyzer Software the emphasis of the
lesson remains with the student and the instructor, not the operation of
your computer system.